A chamber music ensemble is a small group of musicians who perform on their instruments together, generally without a conductor. Each musician in the group will play individual parts.
Examples of chamber music ensembles are:
- String quartet (two violins, viola, cello)
- Woodwind quintet (flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn)
- Piano trio (violin, cello, piano)
Being a member of a chamber music ensemble will enhance your youth orchestra experience! You will have the challenge and responsibility of being a soloist on your part, be exposed to some wonderful repertoire, and work closely with several other dedicated music students from around the county.
The Chamber Music program is designed for intermediate and advanced string players (violin, viola, cello, and bass) who are learning to master bow control, vibrato, and shifting into higher positions. Students at the Suzuki Book Level III or a comparable level who have mastered proper position and who play with accurate intonation and resonant tone are eligible for this program.
Due to COVID-19, we will have a revised group schedule of no more than 1.5 hours per day.
The format of the camp will be as follows:
* Everyone is required to wear a facemask and will get their temperatures checked before starting.
* Sanitizers will be available at all group locations.
* This will be an in-person meeting, outdoors, spaced 6 feet apart.
* Each student will be assigned to a group of 4 to 5 musicians for each group.
* Each student is responsible to bring their own music stands to all meetings.
* Locations for all groups will be outdoors; courtyard, parking lot, etc.
* Schedule will be, as an example:
Group 1: 9:00am to 10:30am
9:00 to 9:30am Coaching
9:30 to 10:30am - Working rehearsal
* Other times will be from 10:45 am to 12:15 pm.
*The student's involvement would only be for the working rehearsal/coaching hours and the Saturday recital.
*There will not be any lunch served or extra events such as Masterclasses or chamber orchestra rehearsals.
The recital will be presented on Saturday, August 15th in the morning, 9:30 am. Each group will play for each other and the performance will be live-streamed via Youtube.
The cost for the program is $275.00.
$100 deposit due by August 1, 202
$175 Balance due by August 10, 2020
No member will be required to pay additional fees as a condition of participating in the Chamber Music Program.
The Solosoli Chamber Music Workshop is a serious commitment to yourself, your peers, your coach, and the music you learn together.
ALL members are expected to attend ALL rehearsals and ALL performances.
Mark rehearsals and performances on your calendar NOW and be in touch regularly with Mr. Constantino and other group members.